Friday 14 June 2013

Bit of a bugger

It's been a week since I had any "safe" computing power. For some inexplicable reason, Windows 7 decided it would pack up and take everything along with it overnight (during an update). 100% system failure and complete loss of backup data. We tried to recover the system and data but to no avail and have had to re-install everything from scratch (OS, updates, updates of updates, update all drivers, programs, etc) and begin to input all the lost data from CD, memory stick or paper files, or transfer from my old computer.

I will have to re-enter ca. 5,500 ringing records just to cover what I have done since moving house. The first job is to get 2013 ringing data on. I do have some 'saved' backup  for previous years but, at the moment, I can't seem to merge the data/files. This looks like a fortnight of evenings, at least, are spoken for.

While I'm trying to sort this mess out, the carpets are being shampooed, the kitchen is being painted and the gutters replaced. The lawns and the hedges need cutting but the weather forecast is not in our favour (i.e. wet and windy). I'll need to make an effort to return to "normal".

The external hard drive will stay plugged in from now on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be added shortly after moderation